The Living History
This event is on May 31, 2019 10:00 am
Visit the campsites of the Civil War soldiers and the Indians to see how they lived their times:
- A campsite complete with tent, cooking pot, gun rack, etc.
- A Six-Man Unit demonstrating marching, loading, and firing of muskets.
- A Medical Historian’s display and explanation of medical instruments used in the war.
- An exhibit of women’s clothing including a ballroom gown and the grieving black dress.
- The demonstration and firing of a replica cannon used during the war.
Teachers and school officials have enthusiastically requested that the Living History return next year.